Building the Marketing Research (Brainstorming). Ayurvedic herbal clinic, Business Plan Example
Words: 2217Business Plan
Part 1: Product/Service Description:
- Ailments/treatments for various diseases
- Home remedies for beauty related issues
- Weight gain packages
- Weight loss packages
- Lifestyle management practices
- Rejuvenation therapies
- Ayurvedic child care
- Children’s play area
- Ayurvedic refreshments
Ayurvedic herbal clinic provides with complete ayurvedic solution for people ranging from infants to age old. We provide with ayurvedic treatments effective, affordable and safe to all those patients who approach us. Treatments and purely based on herbal medicines and ayurvedic practices. Treatment is available for various ailments of nervous system, respiratory organs, skin and hair, endocrine glands, digestive system, urinary system, cysts and fibroids, musculoskeletal and metabolic disorders. Home remedies are available for beauty related issues. Tailor made packages for individual person to increase and reduce weight naturally using herbals are also available. Lifestyle management packages based on nutrition therapy can provide you with a healthy and disease free body. It will also help you to stay healthy and young till death. This will further help you to stay away from most common diseases of today like diabetes, high BP, arthritis, cardio vascular diseases, cholesterol and obesity. Rejuvenation and relaxation packages are also available to help you to have a calm and relaxed mind in your hectic life style.
We provide special care to children and this begins even before the birth of a child. Diet and lifestyle of mother is taken care of from pregnancy onwards as consumption itself is to be in a healthy environment to have a healthy child. Vaccinations are avoided and natural ways are adopted for building and developing immunity. Psychological care is also provided for children to become confident and happy as they grow up. In order to develop strength and to fight against diseases ayurvedic tonics are provided. This also provides supplementary nutrition and enhances the intelligence and nutrition of child. Various conditions like cough, fever, asthma, attention deficit disorder, tonsillitis, sinusitis, skin diseases, ear infections, diarrhea, and lack of appetite, indigestion and emotional disorders are taken care of. As it is very important for children to play for their mental and physical development right kind of toys are provided to them at our Centre. We also have the facility of a playground aptly developed for children to grow healthy and wise. We follow only original ayurvedic texts for all our packages and hence our products are one hundred percent effective and original. It is the special care taken for each case that makes our packages different and successful.
Ailments/treatments for various diseases – rate varies according to disease and starts at $25
Home remedies for beauty related issues – starts at $10
Weight gain packages – starts at $50
Weight loss packages – starts at $50
Lifestyle management practices – starts at $100
Rejuvenation therapies – starts at $150
Ayurvedic child care – starts at $10
Children’s play area – starts at $2/hour
Ayurvedic refreshments – starts at $5
All these packages are likely to be sold throughout the year and most in demand will be weight loss practices. It is likely to sell a minimum of five to ten weight gain and loss packages per month. Rejuvenation therapies and life style management practices are also of great demand and hence we expect to sell at least five of them per month. We expect a minimum of ten to fifteen clients for home remedies, child care and treatments for various diseases. It is expected that a minimum of five children will come to play daily and more than ten during weekends and holidays. Ayurvedic refreshments will be of great demand and we hope to have a sale of not less than $10,000 per month.
Part 2: Gathering Data:
A. Geographic Data: We aim to start our herbal clinic at Hamilton in Indiana which is a small town with a long history. It is located on the border of DeKalb County and Steuben County of Indiana and its population during 2010 census was only 274,569 (hamiltonindiana). It spreads to 8.2 km2 of which 6.2 km2 island and rest water. The place is located at latitude of +40.753767 and longitude of -084.934317 (UScensusbureau). Though Hamilton is a very small town, population of this place explodes during summer months for several tourists are attracted very much by the wonderful lake of this place (hamiltonindiana). Summer is also one of the best times for relaxation and rejuvenation. Children are also free to play in open at this time of the year. This is a great advantage for our herbal clinic which will attract more customers at that time especially for rejuvenation, life style management and weight loss and gain packages. As Hamilton is a very family oriented community child care is likely to seek great attention among local people.
- Demographic data: Hamilton is the most educated, fastest growing and wealthiest county in Indiana as per the estimates of Indiana Business Research Centre. In Hamilton wealth and population go hand in hand. In a span of ten years from 2000 to 2011 there is a population growth of 50.3% in this County (McLaughlin). Of the total population 7.9% is below 5 years, 30.2% is below 18 years and 8.6% is 65 years or above that. More than half of the population amounting to 51.2% of population is female persons. There are 95,835 households during 2006 – 2010. Almost half of the adult population above 25 years holds a bachelor’s degree according to census 2000. It is also reported that 90.45% of population holds a high school degree or higher even though the place lacks any university or community college. White collar workers of the community are 53% and blue collar workers 47%. Unemployment rate is zero in this area which makes it one of the best places to start business related to health awareness. Only 4.5% is below poverty level. Per capita income is $38,500 and household income is $81, 947(STATS).
Part 3: Primary Research:
In order to understand the market for our product a survey will be conducted among residents of the area. Survey aims to understand the perceptions of people regarding health and health care. It also aims to understand the view of people about modern medicine as well as herbal medicine. Attitude of people towards healthy living and health issues like obesity will also be analyzed. As part of marketing of our herbal clinic, notices and pamphlets about benefits of Ayurveda and its practice will be distributed. This will help to create awareness about benefits of Ayurveda among local people and they will be attracted to our herbal clinic. Target group is young couple especially pregnant women, youth and age old people. Young couple is made aware of the benefits of ayurvedic methods of child care. Age old people will be educated about methods in which Ayurveda and healthy living is beneficial to avoid diseases and also to treat life style diseases in a most effective way. Working population will be educated about the benefits of rejuvenation therapies to keep them healthy and relaxed in a stressful life. Parents will also be encouraged to send their children to play in our playground and with our toys which is aptly developed for making children healthy and wise. Effect of ayurvedic medicine in their health both mental and physical will also be made aware of.
Part 4: Competition
- Direct Competitors: There might be some ayurvedic health care centers that are in same business which will cause direct competition to our herbal clinic. Modern medicine is very commonly practiced by people which are yet another threat to herbal clinic. People are relying on modern hospitals for child care and it will be difficult to convince them about benefits of Ayurveda in child care. Playgrounds are very common and it is free for children to play there. Other than play grounds parks are also places that attract children. Parents will be educated about the benefits of aptly planned toys and play ground in healthy physique and mind of children. Direct competition is also expected from nearby modern medicine clinics. People want to get rid of their diseases at the earliest and do not wish to wait. Ayurveda treats the root cause and not the disease. Hence it will take time to cure diseases. More over treatment period is long in comparison to modern medicine. These all are likely to affect herbal clinic adversely. Yet another competition can be from nearby coffees shops and other refreshment shops providing with common refreshment options. At ayurvedic herbal clinic we provide with natural refreshments that are rich in nutrients and at the same refreshing as well. They will also have some medicinal properties which will be described to customers before placement of order itself. Our menu will be an elaborate one describing benefits of each item.
- Indirect Competitors: Youngsters are usually relying on beauty parlors and skin care clinics for skin and beauty issues. It will be difficult to convince them about the benefits of home remedies for such issues. Diet plans and health and fitness centers are another threat. People approach such centers for weight gain and weight loss as well as for developing a healthy life style. Even though there are indirect competition from these competitors’ people can be attracted by making them aware of the benefits of Ayurveda. Furthermore ayurvedic treatments do not have any after effects. Furthermore it is also a healthy practice which will remain forever without any health effects throughout your life. Massage centers are another competition which we will have to face. We provide with ayurvedic massages which are rejuvenating and at the same time they will also have some healing properties. Most treatments we provide are of multiple benefits and this factor will be made aware of.
We also aim to provide some offers for promotion of business. Children of those who come for rejuvenation therapy and life style management practice will be allowed to play free in our playground and with the toys. Yoga class will be provided free of cost for those seeking treatments and life style management practice. Some other seasonal discounts and promotional activities will also be planned as business progress. Special packages will also be made available to those who book for our facilities early. This might be in the form of some discount or an additional benefit. Children who come to us regularly will be practiced healthy life style for free along with some classes about benefits of Ayurveda and herbal medicine.
Part 4: Market Analysis
Target Customer: – We target youngsters and old age most. Youngsters will be made aware of benefits of ayurvedic life style as well as rejuvenation therapy, how it helps to remain calm and relaxed in a hectic life style. Youngsters will also be made aware of the benefits of child care in Ayurveda and how to practice even from consumption of child. How it provides them with a healthy and wise child. Benefits of ayurvedic tonics and medicines and the role it plays in the mental development of children will be made aware of. Those with children will be made aware of need to play using aptly developed toys and in an aptly developed playground. Ho wit effects the mental and physical development of children will be explained to them effectively.
Middle age people will be explained the benefits of life style management practices and how it can help them to remain healthy. How they will be able to avoid obesity and how they can remain calm, stress free and happy in their daily life. How this will affect their family life and job performance will also be explained to them. It is also necessary to take care of one’s appearance even if he is young or of middle age. Both these class will explained about the methods in which Ayurveda will help them to remain young and healthy throughout their life. There will be product offering for whole family as a package which will be economic even for a middle income family. Old age people will also be explained the benefits of life style management practices and ayurvedic treatments for a healthy living avoiding various lifestyle diseases.
Part 5: Analysis of Potential Location
Ayurvedic Herbal Clinic will be located at Indiana Toll way, 15 miles northwest of Hamilton. In the initial stage herbal clinic will be in a rented house that is having enough courtyard and open terrace. House is preferred for our herbal clinic will need more rooms for providing facilities like rejuvenation, treatment, playground, play area etc. herbal clinic will open at 8 am and will close at 7 pm. As children are to be given play area we prefer to operate in an independent house with enough open area and with a safe neighborhood. It will be working during weekends as well and the timing will be same. This is in consideration of customers who are working class. We have planned to rent a home at this location due to its proximity to complimentary businesses. It is a prime location and can be accessed easily. Even foreigners can trace the building easily and this will increase our business opportunity during summer when several domestic tourists come to this place.
Hamiltonindiana. Welcome To Hamilton, Indiana. June 2012. 13 June 2012 <http://www.hamiltonindiana.org/>.
McLaughlin, Kathleen. “Census expected to show Hamilton County tops in coveted demographics.” IBJNews 13 February 2010.
STATS. Hamilton County, Indiana. June 2012. 13 June 2012.
UScensusbureau. State and County quick facts, Hamilton County, Indiana. May 2012. 13 June 2012 <http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/18/18057.html>.
Time is precious
don’t waste it!