- A college freshman visits a friend’s residence hall and forces her to have sexual intercourse.
- A woman is caught after she puts a gun to an elderly man’s head and takes his wallet and watch.
- An 18-year-old girl gave birth to a baby boy in her mother’s fourth-floor apartment and tossed the child out the window, and the baby died.
- A man walks through an open door of a home and steals cash and other valuables and raids the refrigerator.
- A woman walks out of a coatroom with a leather jacket that does not belong to her.
Motor Vehicle Theft
- A 14-year-old girl steals a Porsche 944 from a car dealership.
- A 14-year-old boy steals a bulldozer.
- A man sets his neighbor’s Christmas tree on fire.
Crime Comparison and Discussions:
Noted from the given data above, the population in the United States specifically totaling to more than 300, 000, 000 individuals, it could be observed that at least a staggering 20% commit particular crimes such as man slaughter, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, theft and motor vehicle theft. Most likely, among all the different crimes, larceny-theft receives the most number of participants. Relatively, this is noted to be the case especially based on the reason that it is the easiest type of crime to be acquired by one.
Compared to the national statistics though, state per state division point out that areas within the metropolitan locations are most likely to receive specific concentration on crime rate increase compared to those outside the said regions. Non metropolitan counties however have a notable rate of particular cases not being fully reported in police offices specifically because of distance and isolation of the areas where the people reside.